Well, apparently Spring has arrived in Central Texas! We really didn’t have a Winter, even for this area. Temperatures have been unseasonably warm this year (hope I didn’t just ginks us. It is Texas, after all…). Today, we received a lot of rain with more to come this week. Ed and I have been working on our gardens, both at the house and our plot at the community garden that we belong to. I definitely have Spring fever, so the next few posts will be a projects dedicated to this time of year.
I made the following card for a friend who has been in and out of the hospital for weeks. The stamp set I used is called “Honeycomb Happiness” and it is one of the sets you can get free with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-bration. I love this lighthearted set. It is sure to put a smile on anyone’s face! See the tutorial below to make this card.
1. Cut a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 Whisper White thick card stock in half to make 2 pieces measuring 8 1/2 x 5 1/2.
2. Fold or score one piece of 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 Whisper White card stock in half to form the card base measuring 4
1/4 x 5 1/2.
3. Add a strip of washi tape in desired color to right side of the card. Cut off the extra at both ends for a straight
4. Stamp the chick, balloon and sentiment on the front of the card base with Stazon ink.
5. Color the chick with Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Marker.
6. Use a Sharpie marker and make marks for the grass. Color with a Old Olive Stampin’ Write Marker.
7. Use the small balloon on the Balloon Bouquet punch and make one balloon out of Bermuda Bay card stock.(Note: the sample uses a color that is no longer available).
8. Color the left side of the balloon with a Bermuda Bay Stampin Write Marker to give it dimension.
9. Attach the balloon with a dimensional.
10. Don’t forget to sign the back!